Friday, April 3, 2009

Easy Cheesy Garlic Drop Biscuits


We had some for breakfast this morning. It was too cold for cold cereal, we're out of eggs, and we're tired of oatmeal. Good thing we keep a box of Bisquick around!

So the recipe for Cheesy Garlic Biscuits on the box is good, but sometimes end up a little too dry and don't offer enough flavor. So I changed it a little bit :)

I mixed 2 cups of Bisquick, about 1 c (maybe a little more) of shredded cheddar cheese, 2/3 cups of milk, about 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, and about 3 tbsp of cold butter that was chopped up into about 1/4 inch cubes. I mixed it all together until I didn't see any more dry mix. Then I dropped the dough by about 1/2 c. spoonfools onto a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. I baked them in a 450 deg preheated oven for 8 minutes.

We don't have a good enough camera to show the pockets of stringy melted cheese when you break the biscuits in half. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment